Here are some tips about romaine hearts:
- Romaine lettuce is the preferred green for the popular Caesar salad.
- Tall and cylindrical in shape, its taste is sweetly bitter with a good crunch.
- Romaine is available year round.
- Store Romaine lettuce unwashed in a loosely closed plastic bag in the refrigerator, or wash the leaves, dry them thoroughly, and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag.
- Romaine should last for up to a week.
Since 1934, Western Family has had a prominent place at America's tables. Western Family has had a tradition of excellent products and a heritage of healthy solutions for every family. When guests purchase Western Family products, they know they're getting great quality at a terrific value. In fact, if they are not completely satisfied with any Western Family item, they can return it and receive double their money back.