Here are some tips about fennel:
- Cultivated by the ancient Romans for its fragrant and succulent attributes, fennel is crunchy and sweet, with a delicate vaguely anise-like flavor.
- The entire plant is edible, from bulb to feathery leaves (snip and use as an herb).
- Fennel is marketed as fresh anise in some parts of the country.
- Look for crisp bulbs with fresh, green leaves.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to five days.
- Roast with veal or other meats, or combine with blood oranges and Parmesan cheese for an Italian-style salad.
Since 1934, Western Family has had a prominent place at America's tables. Western Family has had a tradition of excellent products and a heritage of healthy solutions for every family. When guests purchase Western Family products, they know they're getting great quality at a terrific value. In fact, if they are not completely satisfied with any Western Family item, they can return it and receive double their money back.